PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Troubleshooting

Old 12-13-2004, 06:56 AM   #1
webblynx
Green Mole

error when updating

I just upgraded to 1.85, which went fine. Now i am trying to update the links in my database and I am getting this error on every link:

Code:
Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/search/admin/spider.php on line 246

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/search/admin/spider.php on line 356

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/search/admin/spider.php on line 371

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/search/admin/spider.php on line 356
No link in temporary table
Also, if I go to Update sites from the Admin page, I get this:

Code:
Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/search/admin/limit_upd.php on line 227
Was I supposed to delete the existing database entries before upgrading?
webblynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 07:11 AM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Update the database tables 1.8.3 -> 1.8.4 -> 1.8.5.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 07:22 AM   #3
webblynx
Green Mole

works like a charm Charter! thanks.
webblynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:35 PM   #4
forsakenZen
Green Mole

I get the same errors after upgrade, the only thing I can see from your above statement is that in the 1.8.5 zip there is no update 1.8.3 sql file or did I get a bad dl?
forsakenZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 06:21 PM   #5
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsakenZen
I get the same errors after upgrade, the only thing I can see from your above statement is that in the 1.8.5 zip there is no update 1.8.3 sql file or did I get a bad dl?
I don't recall just which versions of phpdig required database changes, but you would only need an update 1.8.3 sql file if you were upgrading from a lower version than 1.8.3.

If you're having problems upgrading, you may want to consider starting over from scratch rather than trying to upgrade your existing database. That might be easier in the long run.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:20 PM   #6
forsakenZen
Green Mole

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinyl-junkie
If you're having problems upgrading, you may want to consider starting over from scratch rather than trying to upgrade your existing database. That might be easier in the long run.
I was upgrading from 1.8.0 -> 1.8.5 but there isn't a 1.8.3 upgrade script in the 1.8.5 zip file, I can't start from scratch as I have over 7000 sites in my DB already.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:37 PM   #7
Charter
Head Mole

If there is no update SQL file for a particular version, then there were no DB changes for that version.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:46 PM   #8
forsakenZen
Green Mole

Ok,

I got most of the errors to disappear but now I get this in the back-end

Code:
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/standard/public_html/admin/index.php on line 48
Old 12-14-2004, 12:57 PM   #9
Charter
Head Mole

Do "SHOW COLUMNS FROM table_name" and compare with the init_db.sql file. Make sure the prefix is set correctly in the connect.php file. Otherwise, in admin/index.php add:
PHP Code:
if (!$result) {
    echo 
"The error: ".mysql_error()."<br />\n";

After the following line:
PHP Code:
$result mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT count(*) as num FROM ".PHPDIG_DB_PREFIX."$table"),MYSQL_ASSOC); 
And see what it prints onscreen.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:07 PM   #10
forsakenZen
Green Mole

Sweet that did it, It was a broken table

mysql

repair table engine;

did the trick

Thanks for the help

Last edited by forsakenZen; 12-14-2004 at 01:10 PM.